How is it possible that it’s already June?! Well I guess the empties sort of help me track time. Here are the products I’ve used up recently with mini reviews.
First up is the Caudalie Premier Cru Eye cream. If I rank all the eye products I’ve tried in the past five years, it is definitely up there in top three with its anti-aging tesults and although it’s by no means a cheap product, it’s still more affordable than my other two holy grail eye creams. You can see my recent blog post here where I shared more detailed thoughts around it.
- Repurchase? 👍
Next up is another high-end European brand Natura Bisse. I’ve tried a few products from this brand and none disappointed. This tolerance toner is so pleasant to use with its extremely high quality sprayer (best I’ve used in the market) that produces the finest mist all over the face. It smells herbal but not overwhelming. I was blown away when I first tried it but as I got less impressed overtime as I didn’t notice other results beyond the pleasant feeling after applying it and the hefty $50 tag is not particularly inviting.
- Repurchase? Maybe. I plan to reuse the bottle just for that amazing nozzle but will not repurchase it this year.
Next up is an eye makeup remover from Loreal that’s not available in the US, and it’s a shame as it’s probably 5 times better than the regular Loreal makeup remover you can get at CVS here. It’s sold in Asia, Australia and a lot of other markets. It’s great but not amazing and given its not sold here, I’m in no rush to repurchase it.
- Repurchase? Not in the US
In comparison, the bottle below is the Loreal remover sold in the US and it’s a regret purchase together with the Sephora makeup remover as they are not as effective in removing makeup.
Then here comes the unavoidable batch of meh products from trying out new things and I will not be repurchasing them.
- Clinique pepstart moisturizer – this is a bit tacky
- Erno Laszlo eye cream – it’s not bad but it’s not as good as my favorite eye creams
- Clarins extra firming cream (I used up both the day version and the night version) – the scent is too strong and no skincare product should smell like fragrance to me so it’s a big turn-off for me. The day cream also doesn’t sit well under makeup and balled up on me a few times.
- Rimmel eyeshadow stick & Revlon lipstick: nothing special
- Maybelline big lash mascara: it can be clumpy when you apply a second coat and if I was looking for more lengthening result I need more than one coat. Will not repurchase this. There are so many better options out there.
Lastly, here is a candle that I initially liked but end up decluttering as the smell is just too strong and overly sweet for my taste.