I’ve been collecting a big basket of empties and it’s finally time to share with you what I’ve used up with mini reviews.
I’d like to start with things I love and would consider repurchasing.
- I adore the makeup remover oil from Amore Pacific. I got it in a deluxe sample package from Sephora and I didn’t use it until a few months ago and it is AMAZING! This is a high end Korean beauty brand that isn’t getting a lot of buzz in the US. I love it as it’s the best and only makeup remover oil that takes off all my makeup and never breaks me out once which is my biggest complaint for the category. You only need a little bit for your entire face.
Will I repurchase: yes!
- The Clinique take the day off eye/lip makeup remover is solid but I still like the Lancome one better as that one is more powerful.
Will I repurchase? Maybe.
- The Origins Dr. Wei mushroom toner is very gentle especially on skin with acne concerns. It soothes your face when you have breakout.
Will I repurchase? Maybe.
- TonyMoly they’re real sheet masks. I thought these wouldn’t be too good as the packaging was too cute to take them seriously! But they definitely beat my expectations. I like the Aloe mask the best among all for its hydration effect. I didn’t expect more from this line at this price point anyways. They are sold at Sephora and Nordsdrom and are great for summer days.
Will I repurchase? Yes!
Now comes products with mixed feelings.
- The Philosophy cream body wash is okay. Not worth the price though in my opinion.
- The Evologie clear cream was a mess to use but it did help with my breakout.
- I don’t get the concept of the Aveda suncare hair and body wash. Not sure what this is for.
- Kiko eyeliner pencil: not waterproof, will smudge. Don’t buy it.
- The body shop ginger shampoo is raved by a lot of people but it sometimes worsens my flake issue and I don’t care for the smell.
- The Mario Badescu rose water toner spray is another favorite for a lot of people but it doesn’t do much for me. I don’t like its scent either. There are so many better toners out there if you pay a bit more. Not worth it. I end up using it to wet my beauty blender in order to use it up.
- La mer cream: staple in my skincare routine. But it’s definitely too rich for summer months. I used it up 2 months ago.
- Algenist facial wash: didn’t like the scent. It’s okay, not worth the money.
- ROC deep wrinkle serum: liked it at first but it has caused some breakout so I stopped using it.
- Klorane dry shampoo: solid one! Scent is strong but I can handle it and it fades away. Ingredients are nontoxic.
- Shisedo sunscreen: physical screen that adds a thick layer of white cast but it is very effective in blocking the uva/uvb rays.You will never get sunburnt or get tanned with this on your face.
That’s it! Let me know what you think of any of these items if you’ve used these too.
You can find me on Instagram: HealthyGlow_Ing