Hey guys! Happy Thursday and it’s now officially only one day away from the awesome weekend! Do you have any fun plans?
Today I wanted to share with you a quick review of a new eye makeup remover product I’ve been testing out and hopefully it is helpful for anyone who is considering a makeup remover balm product.
I was actually really looking forward to this balm as it has a super gentle, vitamin-rich formula, and is supposed to melt away all your eye makeup effortlessly while nourishing your lashes and eye areas. I have sensitive eyes and a lot of makeup removers burn my eyes so I can only use limited eye makeup removers.
I was definitely happy when I first received the product. How cute is this packaging?! It has a bright, vintage vibe that’s kind of unique to the brand.
I’ve been using it for a week by now and I have mixed feelings about it.
What I like about it:
- As you can see from the ingredient list, it’s a natural product without any harsh chemicals and it’s by far the most gentle eye makeup remover product I’ve ever had (and I’ve tried more than a dozen).
- It’s ultra hydrating, so it feels more like a treat rather than a burden when you use it to remove your eye makeup. I actually use it on my lips as well as I have dry lips and it works really well.
What I don’t like about it:
- The big, round jar packaging calls for reasonable hygiene concerns. You probably have to use it up within a few months or there could be bacteria issues. To help with the situation, I strongly recommend using a cotton swab to get the product out instead of using your fingers.
- You absolutely cannot use it on your face. I took too big of a chunk the first time I was using it, applied it all over my face, and ended up having to wash my face 4 times in order to get rid of the clogged, waxy feeling from this rich balm/oil on my face. You only need a tiny amount, and anything more than that will lead to a disaster.
- You have to experiment with this product to figure out the best way to use it. I apply a little bit of the balm on my eyelids and eyelashes, massage in small circles, and then wipe these off with a dampened warm cotton pad. So if you are a lazy gal, you will not like it at all
Will I repurchase it?
I am still on the fence. I definitely will not pay $20 for this but I think it’s worth the $14 I paid for it (got it during the DermStore 30% promotion).
What makeup remover do you use now and do you have a favorite? I’d love to hear what you like and don’t like!