Hey guys! Hope everyone’s week has been going well so far!
Today I just received a Buxom matte lip pencil in the shade Amsterdam so I thought I can share with you a quick color swatch and review.
- Colourpop Satin lippie in the shade of Frida
- Buxom Matte lip pencil in the shade of Amsterdam
- Tarte Lipsurgence in the shade of Adorned
- Revlon color stay ultimate shade lipstick in Iconic
Except for the Tarte one, all three others are available to grab.
The Tarte one is actually 80% – 90% similar in color as compared to the Colourpop one. I got it mainly for its relatively healthy ingredients. In case you haven’t heard, the poisonous ingredient lead is present in multiple lip products and there are only a few brands that are supposed to be 100% lead free which include Bite beauty, Tarte, Buxom, etc.
- Color: the two from Buxom and Revlon are very neutral and can work for almost all makeup looks, which is exactly what I’m looking for 🙂
- Formula: the Revlon lipstick is the most moisturizing one among all four but it is NOT long lasting. Among drugstore brands, I think Revlon makes the prettiest lip products. These new matte ones are also gaining momentum lately.
In terms of getting these off, none is difficult to remove. I’m using the blue plasma cleansing treatment from PericconeMD and all came off within one wipe. This is a good makeup remover but more on the pricier end as I always tend to get more than what I need to the pads from its not so user-friendly jar opening.
Hope this mini review is helpful. What lip colors or brands that you are obsessed with lately? Any neutral color lovers?