It’s a really warm winter Sunday today but I am still under a comfy blanket on my couch on a Sunday morning, relaxed and cheerful!
Here are some posts that I actually read through instead of glancing over the titles and images and I hope you will enjoy these too 🙂
- Is Gigi Hadid’s style actually “good”? The comments under this post are fun. I like it when someone said Gigi simply has a baby face on a hot body. So true!
- A model life – the 31-year-old super model is back to work three months after her 2nd child is born. She values hard work and seems to have issues with people who rise to fame so easily and quickly (wondering which models/celebs she was thinking of). She seems goofy and happy in the video after the article.
- Luxury scented candles – looking for something on the higher end but not the everyone-is-talking-about Diptyque or Jo Malone?
Skincare & Makeup tips I learned recently:
- How to look younger: open up your eyes with glimmery shadow, eyelash curler (I recently bought this Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler and it works great!), and the blackest mascara (blackest brings out the clearness of your eyes). Nude or matte lip colors make skin look dull. Instead, go with something brighter and rosier.
- These seemingly “healthy” food can be tricky for your body and skin: Grapes (too high in sugar), Nuts (yes they have good fat but they are trigger food that makes it hard to stop eating once you started), pre-made green juice (make your own instead so you can control the sugar in-take). Sugar is evil 😦
- I often have small red bumps on my forehead near my hair line, and they are most likely caused by sweat. “Sweat is made up of salt and enzymes, which are irritating if left on your skin for a long time.” I think it’s worse after a work-out or wearing a thick wool hat for too long. I guess I will have to keep a thermal spring water spray (I currently use this one from La Roche-Posay at home) in my office and wipe off sweat from my forehead more often.
- Are you troubled by hair loss? I have been since a few years ago and I recently learned that it might be related to the water quality. I have replaced my showerhead with a filter showerhead (I get the T3 source showerhead filter) and I love it! It’s not a cheap showerhead but I feel I can justify the purchase considering how much money I’ve spent trying out different shampoos, hair masks and conditioners to tackle hair loss.
Here is a mini review of some of the “best-selling” hair products. Unfortunately, most of these are bummers for me.
- I didn’t like the Aveda Invati line for hair loss at all – everything smells and feels like mud…
- I am not impressed by Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo – it doesn’t make my scalp feel clean
- The Bodyshop ginger shampoo makes dandruff issue worse ugh…
- My current favorite: the French brand that a lot of celebrities stand by its results Leonor Greyl Shampoo au Miel. It’s not cheap so I usually restock it when it’s on sale with department store beauty event.