So I cheated a little as I started to count body and personal care items in the empties but I still went through a lot in a 2-3 month period. 28 more empties, 50 to go!
Here is an overview of everything I used up that ranges from skincare to makeup to body & personal care. As it’s a ton of products I will just review 2 sets in detail, those I love and will repurchase and those that didn’t work for you.
- The first two ordinary skincare products I tried are the 2% retinoid & 10% Niacinamide and I like both, not loving or obsessed but like these enough that I have repurchased both. I only use these at night as I’ve heard the Niacinamide lotion tends to peel under makeup and retinoid is supposed to be only used at night.
The 2% retinoid is very mild and didn’t cause any sting or irritation on my skin but I didn’t notice obvious effects on my fine lines either. It’s an okay anti aging moisturizer for my combination skin and I had no problem layering it over the niacinamide serum.
Niacinamide is an ingredient that exists in many of my favorite serum products. It helps treat skin inflammation from acne and excessive oil, and also helps brighten skin tone. It helps with oilyness around my tzone, and is something I can use even when I have breakouts. I didn’t notice any brightening results.
- The Olay pro x spot treatment serum is also a niacinamide based serum but has very subtle shimmer built in so I mostly use it in the morning to balance out my matte foundations.
- Murad line is something I only recently started trying and I like the vitamin c moisturizer as it’s not too heavy but also helps make my skin glow a bit in the morning.
- The Peter Thomas Roth cucumber mask isn’t anything special but the gel like texture makes it great to use with my nuface equipment.
- Paula’s choice aha bha liquid is great for swollen acne spots.
- Caudalie eye cream – only from this collection works well on testing fine lines and dry lines under the eyes.
- BareMinerals serum is very hydrating yet lightweight and I was surprised that I didn’t hate it as BareMinerals face makeup products don’t usually work for me.
Next are all the products that I didn’t like.
- The Nars creamy concealer has good coverage but it’s too dry.
- The Sunday Riley blue moon cleansing balm has big particles for exfoliation and it irritates my skin. I don’t understand this product as exfoliators are not in the same category as cleansing balm.
- The Balm cleaning balm is too oily and leaves a film on the face.
- The ordinary azelaic acid is supposed to treat acne but it stings so bad on my skin that I had to take it off after applying.
- The NYX concealer in a jar is a bit dry and doesn’t stay in its place. For some reason, none of NYX products I’ve tried are my favorites although a lot of these seem to work for others. I think I will stop trying NYX products.
- I bought the Sephora brush cleanser solid as I heard it’s a dupe for the beauty blender solid and it’s not. It’s not as effective and the mini size was a mistake as I usually use it to clean beauty blenders and it’s too small.
- Bioderma micellar water is my favorite micellar water but I like the pink cap bottle for sensitive skin and this one with blue cap which is supposed to be the hydrating version turns out to feel too harsh on my skin.
I hope it helps. Thanks for stopping by:)